The Pola Night treatment is a take home do-it-yourself kit to be applied to your teeth in the comfort of your own home.
- First we take an impression of your teeth in office.
- A perfectly formed tray is made for you to take home with your own kit of pola whitening gel. We use POLANIGHT 22% carbamide peroxide whitening gel concentration.
- Brush and floss teeth. Take a syringe out of the kit. Remove the cap and insert one of the small dispensing tips on the end of syringe.
- Place a small drop of gel into every compartment of the tray for the teeth undergoing treatment. (A very small amount goes a long way).
- Seat the tray with the gel around your teeth.
- Wipe away any excess gel on the gums with your finger, a tissue or a dry soft tooth brush.
- Wear the trays in your mouth for 45 min 1 x per day, unless otherwise directed by one of our team members.
- After treatment, remove tray. Rinse tray and mouth with lukewarm water to avoid thermal sensitivity.
- Brush teeth. Apply Tooth Mousse. Repeat the procedure daily until all material is used or desired affect achieved.
Visit pola’s website for more information about pola whitening materials, including before & after photos.
The following are some suggestions to help maximize the results of your whitening efforts!
- During the time you are whitening, and for 48 hours after, avoid or minimize:
- strong coloured foods (berries, curries etc.)
- dark beverages (coffee, tea, red wine etc.)
- Mild sensitivity to hot or cold liquids may occur. This usually passes within 1-2 days. If sensitivity is severe or persists, contact our office. Tooth Mousse should greatly reduce this as well. We recommend 2 weeks prior use of Tooth Mousse .
- If you experience gum sensitivity do not brush the afflicted area while brushing your teeth.
- Immediate whitening results can be quite dramatic due to minor dehydration of your teeth. It is normal for the colour to tone down somewhat after treatment when your teeth re-hydrate to a natural white tone.
- Long term results vary from patient to patient. This can depend on the original shade of your teeth and include habits such as smoking or drinking colored beverages (red wine, coffee, tea, etc.)
- “Touch-up” treatments are recommended every 6-12 months to retain colour.
- Existing fillings, crowns, bonding, etc. will not whiten. Therefore, these may need to be changed in order to match your new smile.
- If your family or friends notice your new smile, let them know that we can help improve their smile too!
We recommend using the whitening material once a day for as many consecutive days as possible to get the best results. Amount of material used for each application varies by individual and is affected by tooth size and number of teeth applied, and therefor the number of days a kit lasts varies from person to person. Typically, a starter kit lasts 10-14 days.
*Whitening is not a once on a lifetime event – your results will fade over time. How long whitening lasts varies between each individual and depends on a number of factors, including: age, starting tooth shade, history of trauma to teeth, diet, oral hygiene, and smoking.
We recommend maintaining your whitening results with a touch up syringe once every 6 months. Whitening is most effective after having your teeth professionally cleaned, and regular maintenance requires less work and less material.